Salad LunchPrint This
- 1080g cashews
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 8 garlic cloves
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp probiotic starter culture
- 26 red beetroot
- 26 golden beetroot
- 6g thyme
- 6.5 bay leaves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 23 black peppercorns
- 325ml olive oil
- 325ml spring water
- 650g red beetroot, cooked
- 65ml apple juice
- 65ml tamari
- 1tsp sea salt
- Ginger Plum Vinaigrette (Makes 1.2l)
- 650ml Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 100ml ume plum vinegar
- 7 lemons, juiced
- 48g ground ginger
- 1kg radish, thinly sliced
For Cashew cheese
1. Blend the cashews and 400ml water (or as needed to assist in blending) until smooth. Add the probiotics and blend again until as smooth as possible.
2. Scoop the mixture into a large mixing bowl and cover with cling film. Make a couple of small holes in the cling film for the gases to escape as the nuts ferment.
3. Set the bowl in a warm place overnight. When the mixture smells slightly sour and the texture is aerated and fluffy it is ready. This may take a little longer – around a day and a half.
4. Add the garlic, olive oil and sea salt and mix well. Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.
1. Preheat the oven to 160°c /gas mark 3.
2. Wash all the beetroots. Wrap all but 650g in foil / baking paper with the herbs, seasonings, oil and water. Ensure that the parcel is sealed so that the beetroots will steam. Cook for 45 minutes, until a metal skewer, or sharp knife, goes easily through the beetroot. The remaining 650g should be cut into eighths and cooked in boiling water for 20-30 minutes until tender when pierced with a knife.
3. When the beetroots from the oven are done, leave the beetroots to cool before peeling away the skin and cutting in half.
4. To make the ginger plum dressing: whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and ginger
5. To make the beetroot coulis: take the 650g of boiled beetroot and place in a blender with the other coulis ingredients and blend until smooth.
6. To plate: spread the coulis in the middle of the plate in a circle. Place the nut cheese on top and season with sea salt.
7. Dress the beetroots and radish slices with the ginger plum dressing and arrange around the plate.
8. Place radish and kimchee on each side. Garnish with rocket leaves, pea shoots and edible flowers.