This simple flatbread is nourishing for your belly and soul. Buckwheat is not a grain but rather a seed. Bonus points for it being tasty, versatile and inexpensive. With added medicinal mushrooms, rocket and herbs, this dish is a powerhouse of nutrients. Enjoy!
1. Soak the buckwheat for at least 7 hours. Allergy Advice: Contains nuts
Herby flatbread with mushroom topping
2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (Gas Mark 4).
3. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until a smooth. If it’s too dry, add a dash of water.
4. Line a baking tray with the parchment paper, place the dough on the parchment paper.
5. Spread mixture using a spatula to form a 20cm round crust.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden.
7. Remove from oven and let cool.
8. Soak the cashews a minimum of 7 hours.
9. Blend cashews, salt, garlic powder and onion powder in a power blender until completely smooth.
10. Place in the fridge until it sets.
11.Place the sliced mushrooms in a small frying pan and add the ghee and coconut aminos.
12. Fry on a gentle heat for a few minutes until mushrooms are soft, then add the herbs and cook for another 2 minutes.
13. Lay the flatbread out, gently spread the cashew cheese, place the mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and rocket leaves, drizzle with olive oil.
14. Serve immediately
1. Soak the buckwheat for at least 7 hours.
Allergy Advice: Contains nuts