These golden tea turmeric tarts are not only delicious but amazingly healthy. Turmeric is arguably the most powerful herb on the planet. Turmeric benefits are incredibly vast and well researched; may prevent blood clots, reduces depression symptoms, fights inflammation, boosts skin health, could treat certain cancers, may work as a natural pain killer, aids in detoxification. Need I say more…enjoy
1 Soak the cashew nuts in 500ml of filtered water and 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt for 3-4 hours. Allergies: Nuts
Drain and rinse thoroughly. Set aside.
1. Preheat the oven 175 0 °C/3450 °F. Grease 6 round 10cm x 2cm fluted mini tart tins with coconut oil.
2. Combine dry ingredients buckwheat, almonds, coconut sugar, arrowroot and lemon zest. Slowly pour 1 tbsp melted coconut oil into dry ingredients. Adding water if necessary and mix until well combined.
3. From the mixture create 6 round balls and line the tins with the mixture. Bake for 10 minutes and rotate and bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Leave out to cool
4. Blend cashew nuts, almond milk, melted coconut butter, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, melted coconut oil and honey. The end result should be a totally smooth paste. Taste and add more spices or sweetness according to your palate.
5. Once the crust has cooled down, fill with the turmeric mixture.
6. Place in the fridge for 30min for the mixture to set.
7. Drizzle with dried corn flowers and serve.
1 Soak the cashew nuts in 500ml of filtered water and 1/2 tsp of Himalayan salt for 3-4 hours.