This is a relaxing dessert and has the added benefit of calming the mind…yes, it’s true! “Kuzu” is a powder made from a strong root vegetable that grows deep in the ground. It is believed to help reduce high blood pressure and stabilize blood sugars. It has long been used to aid digestion and heal digestive issues like nausea, bloating and low stomach acid. Green tea contains an amino-acid L–theanine that is known to calm the mind. Topped with seasonal strawberries (or raspberries), pistachios, and fresh mint make this a well-round balanced dessert for hot summer days.
- 2-3 tbsp kudzu powder
- 1 tin full-fat coconut milk
- 1-2 tsp matcha green tea powder (depending on how strong you like it)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Toasted pistachio nuts, crushed
- Seasonal berries
- Micro-Greens (radish sprouts)
1. Crush the kudzu powder in a mortar and pestle to remove all the lumps
2. Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan, mix in the maple syrup, lime zest, lime juice, and vanilla
3. Bring to a simmer over medium heat
4. Whisk in the kudzu powder in two tablespoons of cold water
5. Add kudzu to the saucepan and continue cooking until the pudding thickens about 4 to 5 minutes
6. Pour into individual ramekins and let cool
7. The pudding will continue to thicken as it cools
8. Once cooled, sprinkle with seasonal berries, toasted pistachios and micro-greens (radish sprouts).
9. Eat and enjoy!